Thursday, November 03, 2005

What A Beautiful Day

I have just returned back from lunch - a walking lunch because the weather is so amazingly beautiful. It is nice to be working in the middle of everything so I could walk to the bank for a deposit and then on to SuperTarget to pick up some carpet cleaning supplies followed by drinking an A&W Vanilla Creme soda while making arrangements to re-join my gym with Heather.

Although I hate that it is getting dark at 6:00 p.m., I love the way the sun shines differently at this time of year. There is not one cloud in my visible sky. That is such a gift. I remember a time, not too long ago that lunch did not exist, and I don't mean food. Usually lunch was spent at my desk eating a quick bite from the cafeteria downstairs and trying to make up the time I took away from my office getting the food in the first place. In nine months I went out for lunch maybe 15 times. That is 15 days out of 270.

The other nice thing is that I got whistled at by a construction worker - ha ha!!! Mind you, I did not look over to acknowledge him and there well could have been a Pamela Andersen lookalike behind me, but I think that was just for me - and it made me smile a little on the inside while I seemd oblivious to it on the outside.

Well, back to work.

Ladybug

No comments: