Monday, March 06, 2006

A New Day

Good morning everyone,

I am sitting in the middle of the bed finishing my coffee and avoiding the day for as long as possible - Maggie is curled up at my feet in a little circle that makes her look like a cat - sleeping soundly.

All is quiet in the house except for the clickety clack of my fingernails on the keyboard and the hum of the computer across the room. I was just watching the light change out the window and thinking, like you all know I do too much sometimes, when the sweetest fragrance wrapped around me, coming from my shoulder or my neck, or perhaps my cheek. It is his fragrance, the small bit of him that he leaves behind from the morning embraces he gives me many times before heading out the door for work.

You see, he lingers on my hands from holding, my lips from kissing, my spirit from laughing and my heart from beginning to feel something.....something that I can't put my finger on. I remember when we first began dating he would call and say that he could still smell me on his clothes, that I lingered on him. Now it is he that lingers on me.

Yesterday I painted his guest bathroom and fixed it the way he has been wanting it for who knows how long, and it was such a pleasure to do - as a way to repay him, to thank him for reminding me that it IS a new day - and this IS a new beginning. He starts and ends each of my days with so much care and happiness and laughter.

I can honestly tell you all that I haven't been this happy and content in over 4 years and I haven't laughed this much since I don't know when. It's a new day today -and I am going to share it with someone really special, someone that is lingering on me.

Love,
Ladybug

No comments: