Friday, April 14, 2006

Good Friday

It is Good Friday - it is the beginning of a sacred, holy weekend and I wanted to wish you all the very best.

I wish that I had a family of my own to share this with, I wish I had the joy of shopping for Easter dresses and white patent shoes for a daughter. I wish I could have made a basket and hidden eggs and had a big dinner of Ham and all the trimmings.

I wish so much that I had a family of my own to share my love of Christ with. I long to sit alongside them in a pew, to teach them the love that was taught to me. Holiday's of all types are hard for me these days because it reminds me a little of what I don't have. It reminds me of what I wanted so much.

I am meeting my girlfriends for Good Friday services, and I am going to pray about it, and be thankful for the many things that I have, for the many blessings around me. Christ's love for me and the understanding that I am a part of his family is the thing I cling to.

But I sure do wish I had a chocolate bunny to nibble on and some hard boiled eggs to share with babies that looked like me - and him....

xoxo,
Bug

No comments: