Friday, September 29, 2006

The Dangers of Communicating with Girlfriends of Mine


Good morning! It is a new day and I am over the hump of yesterday. I have some things to accomplish and the sun is shining in that beautiful Fall morning light that makes me feel cozy!
As you all know I have a great group (posse) of 6 girlfriends. We travel together, pray together, look out for each other, share clothes & gossip and act as the family unit for each other as we are all single living a distance away from our families.
The men in my life always hear about "the girls" and generally like them and somehow always seem to make contact with them, I think to have a bit of an "in". Well, I would say that this is a double-edged sword.
You see, not only are we loving of each other we are EXTREMELY protective of each other. It is the mess with the bull and get the horns kind of thing! Well, last night after listening to me tell about my day and seeing me cry over something really thoughtless that someone did. One of the girls took matters on.
You see the man had emailed her earlier in the month, being friendly, chatty, etc. trying to get a bit of an insight from my friends. Well, that coin has another side. Last night I saw an email that she sent him that would melt the skin of a rhino.
Ouch, I would have hated to be the one reading that..... They are waaay meaner than I am. I guess that whole "write and share with the girls" thing backfired on him.
Sorry Joe - you messed with the Bull.....
xoxo,
Bug

12 comments:

David said...

Hmm, glad I've never tried that. He must have been... stupid. Have a great day.
-D-

AM said...

Joe?
Joe?
Joe?
Oh nooooooooooooo!
Don't tell me you made this mistake and got involved with a Joe!!!
Joe's are no good, get away from Joe's!
I am not kidding, I've never heard of one Joe who treated a woman right.
;)

Mellissa said...

AM -

Somehow when I wrote that I just KNEW you would say that....

LOL

M

Osbasso said...

WHAT was this guy thinking?? Glad to hear he got burned!

Looked for you last night at the game--didn't see you. I had to watch that entire game, just in case... You owe me! ;-)

Mellissa said...

Hi Os,

Sorry, did not have the Braves dugout seats for last nights game. Ended up forgoing the seats for the Chop House, watching the game from above right field!!

It was kinda chilly last night....

M

siobhan said...

Hehehe. Serves him right.

(I'm usually an avid lurker.)

Mellissa said...

Hello siobhan (avid lurker...)

Thanks for weighing in! I was wondering who was popping up from the UK.

No need to lurk - just pull up a chair and join us. We're a little nuts, but a generally good group!

xoxo,
Bug

BO Snagley said...

If i offered to share clothes with my friends they would run me off with a stick

Rebecca said...

hahaha, I use that saying all the time... you mess with the bull, ya gonna get the horns, ya know what I'm sayin'...hahhaa in my most obnoxious Debbie Mazur attempted accent. ;) That's what girlfriends are for... ;)

Mellissa said...

Oh, whatever happened to Debbie Mazar...did she not have the most wicked face? The total pretty / scary combo!!

Chickie said...

Friends like that certainly are great to have.

Big Pissy said...

Everybody should have friends like that!

Lucky you! :)