Monday, September 25, 2006

Everest


Today I made a hasty exit. I had been too exposed and withdrew immediately. I don’t like being vulnerable and tend to keep safe by keeping to myself.

I know that is not the right way to be, but as the years progress I find that my ability to open up to another is harder. It is my Everest. Today I went to base camp and was left feeling the need to go back down. The air was too thin and I was afraid. No matter how skillful the guide, trust is not easily given in my world anymore. I am not ready to climb mountains. I think a quiet path along a stream is more my comfort zone right now.

Xoxo,
Bug

5 comments:

Osbasso said...

Hope you find what you need to. Trust is a tricky sucker. It can be the strongest of bonds, and it can be the ficklest of fibers. Find a balance between your heart and your head here.

BTW--the streams up here are quiet and beautiful. You should come up and check them out...

Osbasso said...

Working on the avatar...

AM said...

I am with you on this ... and I love the analogy.
A lovely post bug :)

Mellissa said...

AM - how well we understand each other...

Have you decided to go to Paris?? If you do I will meet you there!!

xoxo,
Bug

AM said...

Yes yes yes, I did, tentative dates so far are from 29th October to 5th November, that's what I managed to get, are the days ok with you?