Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Hiding Out for the Holidays


Hard to believe Fall is here! Everything is so beautiful in Atlanta right now with yellow being the first choice of color for most of the trees showing off for us.

I am sitting in the kitchen at my desk, looking out the front window at the leaves falling and birds hopping around looking for a bite. It is a good reminder for me to go get some seed to help them through the coming months.

I am getting ready for my next three events, one of which will take me to Geneva, Switzerland the first week of December. I have not been in Geneva since 2001, so I am looking forward to being there again and making a visit to Bucherer to see what is new in the jewelry shop that is my favorite. I will be there from December 8th to the 16th. Brrr...

After Geneva, I am headed over to Paris where I will remain until just before Christmas. It will be nice to get ready for the holidays over there, shopping for unique gifts for my family and friends and enjoying my favorite city in the world. That is my Christmas present to myself. Just being where I love. I plan on taking the Eurostar into London for a night and visiting some friends there and, of course visiting the Queen - HA HA.

All-in-all I am beginning to embrace this single stuff. My ex-husband just let me know that he had our marriage annulled and it cracked me up that the Catholic church has such convenient ways - such as the ability to say that 13 years of marriage were "null" and most likely a figment of my non-Catholic imagination!! (sorry to all the reading Catholics - no offense intended, but it is a joke in the eyes of the rest of us!). I am not angry with him, don't get me wrong. It is just more of a eye rolling and head turning slowly side to side reaction.

So, not much other news from my side and work is calling me back to attention.

I hope you all are doing well!

xoxo,
Mellissa

13 comments:

siobhan said...

Bug, I hope you're not trying to mislead your readers. That's not a photo of Geneva, that's a photo of the Chateau de Chillon. Residents of Vaud would be unhappy that you are trying to claim their castle for another canton!

Mellissa said...

Siobhan,

To clarify, I know the photograph is of Chillon in Montreaux which is about an hour from Geneva on the northern shore of Lake Geneva.

I will be doing a site-visit there for event I am doing in April 2007, it is one of the spots I will be visiting on my upcoming trip.

No misleading intended, and yes I know my Canton's having worked for A Swiss gentleman since 1999.

bricotrout said...

hey bug, tishy and i will be in atlanta (well, duluth) tomorrow! ive been there once before and didnt care too much for it. that was 13 years ago. seems like yesterday.
have fun in your world travels!

Cheryl said...

Yeah, my first husband had our 10-year marriage annuled, too. I was really hurt though--neither of us were Catholic, and he only did it so he could marry a Catholic girl. It really made me despise the Catholic church--seems they'll do just about anything if you pay them enough.

-Cheryl

Tim said...

wow - world traveler!!! Be safe and enjoy your trips.

Makes me wonder what you actually do for a living?

Take care my friend

g

Kelly Sadosky said...

Hey there Mellissa! I saw a post of yours on a lady friend of yours that has a friend Nathan that was in an accident.

I haven't been reading your blog lately to give you some privacy, but I do miss reading it since you are such a wonderful writer and great photo poster :)

I hope that you truly enjoy your trip(s) to Europe. That sounds wonderful. I can't think of a better place to shop for the holidays. Enjoy!!!

oregoncelticlady said...

Melissa, look at it this way....he may have done you a "clerical" favor! If you meet a wonderful Catholic guy, you are good to go! :-) It is all good and yes, the catholic church was, is and always will be quite pompis, I think! *sigh*
Have lovely holidays!

Mellissa said...

Brico - I posted a comment on your blog inviting you over to stay at my house while you were in town, but my guess is that you and Tish wanted some "alone" time ;-) Hope you enjoyed the concert!

Cheryl - Funny how that works huh! I keep thinking of the phrase at the end of the marriage ceremony that says "What God has joined, let no man put assunder.." ;-) Taking this with a grain of salt!!

Green - I work for Big Blue as a Global Marketing Manager...it is a lot of work but also a lot of fun!

Kelly - Thank you for commenting today. You are welcome here any time you like!

OCL - I don't think I would marry a Catholic as our views might be too far off in the grand scheme of things and my spiritual life is pretty well in check!

Osbasso said...

Buy me something!

siobhan said...

Hi Bug,

Just came back to check your movements. Hope you weren't offended by my comment - I was just teasing. You're one of the most travelled bloggers I know!

Have a great time. I'll be in those places around that time myself - Paris, Sierre (in the Valais canton) and I live in London. I'll think of you.

AM said...

Now you go to Paris :-(

Rebecca said...

Mellissa, you seem to lead such a cultured, enriched life.... I'm openly envious and so very much look forward to living vicariously through your postings. :)

Enjoy!

David said...

Nice (about the trips, I mean)! Being divorced myself, I think that's rediculous that a church is so double standard about marriage. I thought they were supposed to support marriage. How convenient for them. Have a great day!