Monday, April 16, 2007

"I Think About You All The Time Too"

It was just one line in a string of communication. Eight words lightened my load and made the day complete.
I was to be off to Savannah, escaping to something different than the walls that have held me all week, but my car had something else in mind. Check Engine Soon. So out of the car Maggie and I got and on the phone with Nally BMW. Tomorrow at 1:30 p.m. we will have a check up.
Instead of moss covered oaks and quaint squares, I will sit in the dealership. Instead of a trip to The Lady & Son's, I will browse around the car lot and scheme a little on the X5. I take it all in stride as Savannah, Georgia was my second preference on location anyway. I had dreamed a little of another Savannah...one to the northwest of Atlanta instead of the southeast.
The Hamilton Turner Inn will just have to wait for me for another weekend. Perhaps in Spring I will visit those squares and walk the streets and eat praline pecans fresh from the candy shop I love. Perhaps a friend born in the other Savannah will go with me and take photographs along side me. That would be nice, and of course I will beat him in any contest we engage in....
So tomorrow it is off to buy a guitar and begin the process of scheduling lessons. Life is made to work on your dreams and goals, and that is one of mine. I think I am going to use that as my next avenue of writing and see what happens there.
Someone from American Greetings has been logging on to read my Blog lately, and I laugh a little, hoping that you are not using any of my piney posts for romantic card inspirations ;-) Lord knows there is enough sappy writings in my archives to fill a portfolio of love lost and hope cards!!
Wishing you all a wonderful weekend ahead - filled with all the things you dream about, or are lucky enough to have in front of you.

Love,
Ladybug

8 comments:

Tim said...

you know car repairs and related visits to the dealership are never a good thing. Hopefully your check engine problem will turn out to be a monor inconvenience, rather than an expensive repair. In any case I hope you caught the problem in time to prevent further problems and inconveniences.

bricotrout said...

hi bug,
american greetings staffer here. fyi, the internet is a public forum, public access blog posts being no exception. as long as you dont copyright your musings on your site, they are free for the taking. your site is ripe with great ideas. a regular treasure trove. thanks for all your support!

lecram sinun said...

The promise of pictures? Very cool! Hope your weekend goes as you want it to go.

Cheers!

Lori said...

Guitar lessons will be fun! Exciting for you to put a dream into action.

Hope your car is running fine now. Sometimes it is the unexpected detours that give us new insight.

Hope your weekend is going well.

Southern Sweetheart said...

Car repairs are a pain in the rump.

I tried to learn to play the guitar a few years ago -- my fingers aren't long enough or my hands aren't big enough or something. And my fingertips hurt too. Good luck to you, my friend, on this one. I expect you to audio post or something of you playing! haha

Rebecca said...

Mel -
I think it would be LOVELY if Brico used some of your postings on a card!!!

:)

Jamie said...

I haven't been here in a long time...too long! We need to catch up...love you!

Lainey-Paney said...

Car repairs suck!

I'm sorry you're not going to Savannah.

I've never been, but we're going there in May. I here it's just wonderful!!!

~L