Thursday, May 17, 2007

More Bug Essentials

Writing the last post on this was fun - and I loved the responses back on the things you really like - I am actually going out to investigate Hanae Mori because I hear it is amazing - not because I need another fragrance, and for the record, I saw it at Loehmans the day before and wondered about it!! See, it's a sign.

So here are some other things I really love, use and recommend or want!! My top pick of all is the Longchamp Le Pliage bags. It is something that I can't survive without and love so much that I have purchased them for every member of my family. They are great to use for weekends away or as extra "luggage" in your luggage when you travel. You always can use them while you are out shopping, and then to carry the loot in when you are going home. I recommend the dark colors, Navy, Olive, Black for durability. Once you own one, you will own another.

Enjoy!


Mireille Guiliano - Who I'd love to be when I grow up. Tres Francaise, tres jolie!!!
Hermes Eau D'Orange Vert - It is a unisex fragrance - citrus/lime - I wear it in the summer.
Judith Ripka - John Hardy / Lagos / David Yurman don't do it for me, but Judith does.
Van Cleef & Arpels - Magic Alhambra is something I dream of owning one day...
Mary Phillips - These cards, magnets, etc. CRACK ME UP!! Put on your big girl panties rocks!
Tend Skin - Wether you shave or wax this is a MUST for summer....men can use it too.
Spanx - I left them off before, but love them under white pants!! Thx for the reminder Bec!
Joe Malone - Love it all - so does my Mom - It's her "thing".
Loccitane - The eye gel is amazing, especially for travel. I use as an eye mask when I am tired.
Lather - The lip balm is great as is the Wasabi lotion.
McCann's Steel Oats - I don't do oatmeal flakes, I really prefer the actual grain. It is amazing!!
Le Petit Francais - This bread is shipped from France flash/frozen. Try the croissant too!
Wine Pour Assist - These are ingenious little gadgets, Pascale turned me on to these. Love em'!
Dirt - Yep, it is called Dirt. Hair product from Jonathan. Makes your hair stay put!!
Longchamp - LE PLIAGE!! I have 7 in all sizes. My favorite thing on earth. They fold up!!
Garden of Life - Love this all food based vitamin. No synthetics - just food based - perfect!
Henri Bendle Candle - The most fragrant candle of all!! I use Vanilla Bean with Patchouli WOW!
Absorba - My favorite baby clothing. Details, details - quality, no rough seams..and French!! ;-)
R. Nichols designs - I am a nut for good leather and good stationery products, it's my "thing"...
Henckel knives - An investment but if you love to cook - these are the bomb!!
All Clad Stainless - See above. They can be found on sale also so no need to pay full price.
The Gourmet - This cookbook is great and a must have for me. It is now only $12 - come on!!
Stacy Boyd - These are my calling cards for summer, people remember them all the time - cute!

Indulge Travel...

Oustau De Baumaniere - If you ever go to Provence. It is magic. Micheline 4 Star restaurant - AMAZING like you have never had. Eat out and listen to the ciccada's, you will never forget it!
Hotel Dokhan - My favorite hotel in Paris hands down since 1993. You sometimes just want to stay in the room - features a beautiful Louis Vuitton Trunk Elevator. Sits in the 16th Arrondissement - Trocadero - my favorite.

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

Oh, can't wait to hear what you think of Hanae Mori. It's addictive... ;)

I have to say, that when it comes to candles, I'm a Yankee Candle girl. "Can't live without" scents are "Cranberry Chutney", "Pumpkin Pie", "Lemon Lavendar", "Vanilla Lime", and "Morning Sunrise".

Philosophy shower gels in any scent are decadent, I have to say. They're almost edible!

bricotrout said...

i guess this post just answered the questioned posed in mine. not a very practical one though bug, but its your life. lol!
i cant wait for your movie 'bug' to come out! it looks good!
and ill take you up on that offer to come see us. but aspen is with her mother and new sister for the summer in AZ. bummer. i would love for her (and me) to meet the bug!

AM said...

Woman! Are you blogging daily?!
How am I gonna catch up?! :O
Grrrrrrrrr.

For now, I'll thank you for the inspiration. I dropped by more than 10 days ago and because of you, I re-started my gym discipline :D ... well also because I wasn't fitting in my normal clothes anymore lol.
Messi beaucoup ;)

I will need some time to catch up, can you slow down a bit? :P

Southern Sweetheart said...

I'm having the most fun online shopping at all the places you've listed here --- GOOD STUFF! Thanks for sharing Bug.

Mellissa said...

Rebecca - I forgot about Yankee - but I don't like the kind in those silly jars - they get sooty!!! YUCK!! But, I really do love the Rosewood Cedar and Chi Tea - I have those too. I think I have a candle "thing"...

Brico - HONEY!! Enjoy the downtime while Aspen is away with mom!! I can come up at the end of the summer and we can go out in the Sea Weeder and do a little skiing!! Gotta go read your blog in a sec and get caught up.

AM - isn't the gym great!! My hiney is getting so FIRM!!! I think I might end up a little vain about it - but who the heck cares - I am working hard for the gains and this old lady is gonna look better at 40 than she did at 30!!!


SS - I am glad you are having a good time window shopping. I love lots of stuff - but I can't shop as much now that I am retired and all...he he!!

xoxo,
Bug

Anonymous said...

off white outlet
stephen curry shoes
off white
hermes handbags
russell westbrook shoes
golden goose outlet
bape outlet
jordan 13
cheap jordans
kyrie shoes