Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Telling You - Telling Me

Sitting at the kitchen table talking is one of my favorite things about "us". Idle chatter and scheming with a dose of smart a$$ and funny threats; mock competition. We are sure set in our ways and competitive - that makes me laugh.

When I first met you I was much different than I am now. I didn't show you the simple side of me. I hadn't learned to take down the mask and show my face yet. That was December and in May I was more comfortable with me so I let you see me.

As we sat there our last morning together, I told you something about me. Something I never told anyone else - and no one else knows about me except my parents. It felt really good to trust you enough to tell you that. I liked the way you reacted. I could see you have a flash across your face that you had something personal too. Telling me was uncomfortable for you, I could see it. But it was really nothing and I don't judge people or jump to conclusions.

I am not sure really why I am writing this post, but I guess it is to tell you how much I valued Telling you, and in return you Telling me. We trusted enough, and that is a special, special thing. I am so honored that you trust "you" with me.


xoxo,
M

No comments: