Thursday, August 02, 2007

What Is That Like?

In conversation with a friend last night and let's preface this writing by saying that this friend is Jim, whom you all might remember as the man I dated and loved quite dearly last year and with whom now I am building a respectful friendship based on mutual respect of character

Anyway, I digress

In this conversation we were catching up, discussing our lives and happenings over the last few months since we saw each other. It was as comforting a conversation as is a quilt on a rainy day. It was honest and loving and we listened - to each other - we respected what the other feels and is experiencing in life. To that end, we discussed a person very dear to Jim, the very person who's shadow I could not eclipse and the reason we were never meant to be more than we were

He said something so wonderful and so profound that I wept over the words this morning. I wept for his sense of loss and I wept for the illusive in my life because I realize that men do love, and there are soulmates out there for each of us

His beautiful words - "I truly believe I was put on this Earth to love her. I was made for her." For me - to know that this is true, that a man can actually feel that level of emotion for a woman gives me great hope for the future, and a renewal that men are sometimes more than we give them credit for

This man, my friend, is one of those men, and a giant among them. I am proud to call you my very dearest and I am glad we have found this spot to stand in support and friendship. I truly wish you well

xoxo,
Mellissa

5 comments:

oregoncelticlady said...

You are just a very beautiful woman, Melissa!!!! You ahve an amazing heart!

Kelly Sadosky said...

It's a sweet spot to be at this place with one another. Being friends is wonderful. Having the benefit of that and less arguements ;) It's mature of you both. And sweet...and lots more :)

Tim said...

What a nice post.

I too believe I could feel that way about a woman. Problem is I just have to meet her first....

Thought I had it already but no, I was mistaken.

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh woman!!!! I have not visited in a while....I just read your big news! I was scrolling through and BAM....how are you? Are you happy? That's wonderful!!! I'm here if you need to talk! HUGS!!!

k

AM said...

:)
It's good to reach this stage, isn't it?
You are one great woman Mel, the baby will be so proud of his mama :D