Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Little Star


Dear Evan,

You are such a bright spot in my life. I cannot believe the joy and love you have brought into my life.

You are now almost 7 months old, it is hard to believe how quickly time has passed since I welcomed you into my life.

You are in daycare now, and my heart aches that another cares for you during the day...I wonder often, do they really "care" for you and I pray about it all the time. I want you to have love surrounding you, and songs sung and ABC's and reading books, even though you only like to eat the pages...

I love the fact that you blow bubbles and that you pump your arms up and down when you get excited and that you do this little tongue thing when your are happy - we have started calling you Gene Simmons! I love that you have a little curl on the top of your head, and that you light up when we sing "You are my sunshine" to you. I love that you get mad when you don't get the sweet peas fed to you quick enough and that you smile and interact with everyone. You bring smiles wherever you go and you are my sole source of happiness.

I thank God for you each and every day - no matter what happens in my day or in my life, I just look at you, and smile and whisk you off to your bath to end our day. You grab at your toys and suck on your washcloth and smack the water with your hands - and we laugh together at the magic.

I love you Viking.

6 comments:

Osbasso said...

Seven months?? Already?!?

oregoncelticlady said...

Wow! What a gorgeous man you have there!! Magic is a great word for the journey!

Thank you for sharing his picture. I drop in now and then to see how you are doing.

Southern Sweetheart said...

Oh my goodness!!! What a handsome little fella you have there! What a beautiful son you have Melissa.

I'm very happy that you are happy and have found some peace. You deserve it sweet lady.

Lori said...

He is such a little doll. I catch my breath when you describe all of those little moments because I can remember them like they were yesterday. It goes way too quickly. Cherish every precious instant....I know you do.

Rebecca said...

*SMILE*

He looks so much like you in that photo. :)

"You are my sunshine" is "my song" to both my kids. As a matter of fact, that will more than likely be the song I will dance with my son to on the day he gets married....

Good to see you're doing well!

Kelly Sadosky said...

I love this post Mellissa! So sweet. I miss your posts, but know you are a busy woman!!!!