Tuesday, June 01, 2010

A Circle Complete



Exactly three years ago yesterday I wrote a cryptic post to you all titled "Today".  I was just now going through the blog catching up on where I have been when I realized that I had written that May 31, 2007.  The post was short and simple.  It read:  "Today is the most significant day of my life.  I am alone."  I was alone at that time and place.  I had just found out that I was expecting Evan and I was awash in  fear and confusion.

What is amazing is that here we are, three years to the date later and my post couldn't be any different.  I think the words today would read:  "Today is a significant day.  It is the anniversary of the day that have made all the days since worthwhile."

I love having the blog to look back on as a measuring stick of my growth as a person.  I think it's important to have that in life.  I am no longer the Mellissa that you all got to know back in 2005.  I am a calm, grounded and totally anchored woman who just loves this simple life.  I never feel lonely or at loose ends, I rarely have a moment of doubt or hesitation and I am grateful beyond expression for my life.

Last night as I was lying in bed, I thanked God for the absolute blessing he gave me in Evan.  I could not have imagined back then, in the uncertain days, how he was shaping me and girding me to become the anchor to this little boy - and he in turn to me.  It is amazing the love you carry  inside just waiting to be unlocked.

Have a wonderful day everyone.  I hope it's a blessed one!

xoxox,
Ladybug 2.0

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad that life is such a blessing for you now in this season. Excellent!

Mellissa said...

Thank you. I have learned a lot and become a much better person for the experience.

Bug

AM said...

I love this post :)

That's maturity and getting grounded for you ... we all go through it at one point, maybe not with children involved but hey, it sure brings one thing to life and it's called 'peace' of mind and soul.